START HERE: A Beginner's Guide To Securing A Training Contract
Application Checklists, Mock Interview Questions and Commercial Awareness Resources
New to TCLA and the training contract application process?
Interested in a career in commercial law but unsure of how to get started?
Throughout my three years at university, I had found myself wishing that somebody would have just sat me down and explained the intricacies of applying for vacation schemes and training contracts. I did not have any connections within the university or legal industry, as well as the awareness of how to find out about what I did not know about the recruitment process. I have created this course to teach you exactly this.
You'll learn the foundations of the training contract application cycle, from the application timeline to approaching different types of application questions and finding the best commercial awareness resources for you.
At every stage, this course aims to equip you with the ability to:
- Strategise your application writing according to the commercial law application timeline
- Stay ahead of the curb through our free bespoke application checklists and tracker
- Confidently tackle three common types of written application questions (equipped with mind-maps and example answers)
- Develop non-generic answers to why law and why this firm
- Access useful advice and online resources to prepare for the grueling online assessment stage and commercial awareness interviews
- Systematically prepare for assessment centres and interviews with an interview question bank of over 200+ real law firm interview questions
- Deal with rejection by coming back stronger than ever.
Note, this course is free for TCLA Premium members. Sign up here.
TCLA is the largest dedicated forum for aspiring lawyers. Our mission is to help aspiring lawyers become the best version of themselves.
TCLA is also an educational platform. It’s our goal to turn aspiring lawyers, from student to trainee solicitor, into exceptional commercial lawyers. Through TCLA Premium, we provide an extensive list of online courses designed to upskill the next generation of lawyers.
StartTypes of Written Application Questions
StartQuestion Type 1: Motivational Questions
StartChoosing the Right Firm for You
StartQuestion Type 2: Competency Questions
StartExamples of Common Competency Questions
StartTips and Tricks on Tackling Competency Questions
StartQuestion Type 3: Commercial Awareness Questions
StartDiscuss the challenges and opportunities faced by the law firm