This course is free with a subscription to TCLA Premium.
Have you been struggling with law firm interviews? Do you fall down on group exercises during assessment centres? Are you wondering how to approach case studies and written exercises?
TCLA’s 2019/20 interview course was designed to help you turn an interview into a training contract offer.
You don’t need exceptional qualifications, experiences or extracurricular activities to stand out in the application process. In fact, standing out is something you can learn.
We brought together the knowledge and experiences of 12 future trainee solicitors to break down the interview process. These future trainees bring a variety of perspectives based on what they’ve learned interviewing at multiple law firms across the City.
In this course, you will receive advice on preparing for competency and commercial questions, strengthening your application, building a rapport with your interviewers and much more.
We also break down TCLA’s best advice for the variety of assessments during assessment centres based on our experiences conducting mock interviews with hundreds of candidates.
And that’s not all. This course will be updated on an ongoing basis to reflect new sections, including developing commercial awareness and networking, as well as new commercial topics that are being asked at interview.
This course is brought to you by 12 future trainee solicitors:
- Marilyn Acquah, Future Trainee Solicitor at Baker McKenzie
- Sanjana Ganesh, Future Trainee Solicitor at Latham & Watkins
- Kayley Castle, Future Trainee Solicitor at Slaughter and May
- Vincent Fraser, Future Trainee Solicitor at Clyde & Co
- David Stuart, Future Trainee Solicitor at Taylor Wessing
- Nikita Patel, Future Trainee Solicitor at CMS
- Shu Qin Low, Future Trainee Solicitor at Slaughter and May
- Tamzin Robson, Future Trainee Solicitor at Foot Anstey
- Ruby Taylor, Future Trainee Solicitor at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher
- Arun Sohan-Pall, Future Trainee Solicitor at Kirkland & Ellis
- Ariadne Vu, Future Trainee Solicitor at Allen & Overy
- Hannah Murray, Future Trainee Solicitor at Baker McKenzie