TCLA to TC: Advanced Guide to Applications, Interviews and Vacation Schemes
Excel in applications, interviews and assessment centresWatch Promo
Please note, the content in this course has since been moved. Find our updated courses below!Technical Law Firm Case Studies Course Access our Applications Course Commercial Awareness Course
If there is one catchall course that will help mould you into a stand out candidate, it’s this one.
Part two of our TCLA to TC course brings you some of the most advanced and detailed content we have ever produced on mastering every stage of the application process.
Featuring lectures from graduate recruiters, trainees and the TCLA team
We cover the following topics:
Writing Exceptional Applications:
- Developing non-generic answers to why law and why this firm
- How you can best sell your experiences to stand out from the crowd
- Common mistakes applicants make (and you can avoid!) on application forms
Excelling at Assessment Centres:
- Technical commercial knowledge including a breakdown of financial statements and financing structures
- How to improve your written and analytical skills for case studies including two mock case studies
- Balancing leadership and teamwork during group exercises
Impressing at Interviews:
- Tackling competency interviews
- Demonstrating your personality
- Specific tips and tricks for virtual interviews
- Converting vacation schemes successfully
- Picking the right firm for you
- Dealing with rejection
This course will take you beyond just being “good enough”. It will help you understand what it takes to become an outstanding candidate - the candidate no firm will want to turn down.
TCLA is the largest dedicated forum for aspiring lawyers. Our mission is to help aspiring lawyers become the best version of themselves.
TCLA is also an educational platform. It’s our goal to turn aspiring lawyers, from student to trainee solicitor, into exceptional commercial lawyers. Through TCLA Premium, we provide an extensive list of online courses designed to upskill the next generation of lawyers.
StartOverview: Writing Applications That Stand Out (58:51)
PreviewResource: Applications Guidebook
StartOverview: Making A Strong First Impression with your Application (2:55)
StartOverview: Strengthening your Application to Stand Out at Interview (5:31)
StartAdvanced: Common Mistakes on Application Forms (60:00)
StartAdvanced: Justifying Your Motivations: Why Law and Why This Firm? (54:55)
StartAdvanced: Selling Your Experiences and Justifying 'Why You?' (59:14)
StartAdvanced: Writing Exceptional Training Contract Applications - with Shearman & Sterling LLP (63:58)