Understanding Private Equity
An Introduction to Private Equity
This course is included in our TCLA Premium subscription.Sign up here
Basic questions about private equity arise during interviews with several U.S. law firms, including Weil Gotshal & Manges and Kirkland & Ellis. Other corporate-heavy law firms may also test your knowledge of private equity through case study interviews or written exercises.
This class is designed specifically to help you excel in these interviews. The class focuses on the following questions:
- What is private equity
- Who invests in private equity?
- How do private equity firms establish funds?
- How do private equity firms create value?
- What do private equity lawyers do that distinguishes them from other lawyers?
- What trends are currently taking place in the private equity sector?
- How do you answer interview questions likely to be posed by private equity law firms?
Jaysen completed his undergraduate degree in Law at the London School of Economics, before pursuing a master's degree at the University of Cambridge with a specialism in corporate law.
He began his career as a trainee at the US-based law firm Weil Gotshal & Manges prior to founding The Corporate Law Academy.