At The Corporate Law Academy, we're always thinking about how we can better prepare you for a career in commercial law.
So, we thought, who better to teach you about about commercial law than leading partners from a variety of practice areas?
In this course series, partners from leading global law firms will help you to understand the most important issues within their practice area.
To kick us off, we bring you Phil Sanderson, former co-chair of private equity at Ropes & Gray. Before joining Ropes & Gray, Phil headed Travers Smith's prestigious private equity team from 2008 until 2014.
In his lecture, Phil explains:
- The unique characteristics of private equity
- The fundraising process
- How private equity firms add value to companies
- How private equity firms make money
- The benefits and risks of leverage in private equity
- The role of private equity lawyers
- The important trends within private equity
And much more!